Papoutsakia – Baked Eggplant
1 onion sliced thinly circles
8 mini peppers sliced thinly
1/2 teaspoon Grandpa J’s All Purpose Seasoning Salt NO MSG added
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp crushed tomato
1/2 cup water
Cold roasted tomatoes or crumbled feta or the vegan feta.
1. Slice the eggplants in half and scar the eggplants lengthwise, and soak and in cold water and sea salt for 20 minutes.
2. In a fry pan, drizzle some olive oil to coat the pan and add the onion and peppers and allow them to soften.
3. Mix the crushed tomato and water and pour over the softened peppers and onions. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Place the eggplants on a pan, drizzle with olive oil and then then pour the peppers and onion on top. Pour the remaining olive oil over the dish and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 45 – 60 minutes at 350°C. Until the eggplant is softened. The pan May require more liquid or olive oil.
6. To serve finish with fresh chopped parsley and feta cheese or vegan cheese.
7. Or finish with cooled roasted tomatoes.
Roasted Oven Tomatoes
Perfect as a side dish, or to pour over pasta and rice.
Slice 1 cup of hot house tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Grandpa J’s Seasoning Salt NO MSG added.
Bake at 350°C for their minutes or until tomatoes have softened.
Greek Briam – Baked Vegetables
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
8 mini peppers
Pinch dried mint
Pinch dried fill
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup crushed tomato
1 cup water
1/2 tsp Grandpa J’s Seasoning Salt NO MSG
2 tablespoons of Olive Butter
1 bay leaf
(Feel free to add sliced zucchini rounds, sliced beets, or any other sliced root vegetables)
1. Peel and slice potatoes and yams in circles
2. Slice cherry tomatoes in half
3. Slice carrots in half
4. Slice onions in rings.
5. Chop parsley
6. Rub the roasting pan with olive butter and dollop the pan with bits of the butter. Then later the potatoes and yam down, followed by carrots, peppers, onions.
7. Mix the seasoning salt, crushed tomato and water, olive oil and pour over the vegetables.
8. Add a bay leaf and the chopped parsley.
9. Bake for 45 minutes to 60 min at 350°C