Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana
This is a classic Italian Recipe but instead of frying the eggplant I decided to grill them. Everyone loved them. This is a very festive, vegetarian dish that will make everyone happy.
1 tsp salt plus few pinches
2 tbsp oil
80 g Parmigiano
200 g Mozzarella
Few handfuls of basil
Ingredients for The Tomatoes Sauce:
3 tbsp of oil, evo
1 cloves garlic
1 can peeled Tomatoes or Passata (700 ml) or Fresh Diced Tomatoes
Handful of Basil
Salt and Pepper
A sprinkle of love
- Slice the eggplant into ¼ inch slice and place them in a bowl, sprinkle 1 tsp salt and let it sit for 30 minutes. After that drain the brown liquid and quickly rinse them. Pat them dry with a dish cloth.
- In a medium pot add the oil and garlic. Stir fry the garlic until is gold and then add the tomatoes. Add basil, salt and pepper and cook it for 30 minutes or until the sauce is thick. When the sauce is almost ready add few more leaves of basil. Put the sauce on a side.
- Brush the eggplant with oil, sprinkle few pinches of salt and grill them.
- In an 8×8 baking dish, spread a little bit of sauce, then make 4/5 layers starting with the eggplant, top with the sauce, mozzarella, Parmigiano and basil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and before serve it let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Buon Appetito