Roasted Tomato Soup
Vegan Roasted Tomato & Pepper Soup
The soup recipe serves 4 and can be vegan if you use vegetable stock and a dairy alternative. Otherwise, you can use chicken stock and milk.
530g Tomatoes on the Vine
250g Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
200g Mini Peppers
2 Heads of Garlic
1 Small Onion (approximately 200g)
8g Fresh Basil Leaves
350ml Vegetable Stock (or Chicken Stock)
50ml Oat Barista Beverage (or Milk)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425F
2. Chop the onion into big chunks and slice off the top of the heads of garlic
3. Place the two types of tomatoes (vines optional), mini peppers, basil, onion and garlic in a deep baking pan. Drizzle some olive oil, salt and black pepper.
4. Bake the vegetables for 45 minutes, until the exterior is slightly charred and the vegetables are cooked and soft.
5. Remove the vines and stems of the tomatoes and peppers, squeeze the garlic out of the cloves, and transfer everything into a pot.
6. Blend the vegetables with the vegetable (or chicken) stock until smooth. Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary. Bring it to a boil and add the oat beverage (or milk) to finish.